At Sparrows we are strong supporters of lock picking as a sport or hobby. This 16 piece set is designed for the hobby or sport lock picker. It is a mix of picks with and without handles. The handles are made from a thermo plastic coating that gives the picks a smooth non sliding grip. The selection of picks is a mix of hooks diamonds and rakes. With this set you will be able to open pad locks, door locks and even some high security locks if you have the skills. The narrow profile leading from the handle to the tip of the pick makes them perfect for North American, European and Asian locks.
This set Includes
- 1 x Best Buster Snake rake 0.025 Thick
- 1 x Twin Peak Rake 0.025 Thick
- 1 x Worm Rake 0.025 Thick
- 1 x Small Half Diamond 0.025 Thick
- 1 x High Reach Hook 0.025 Thick
- 1 x Shallow Euro Hook 0.025 Thick
- 1 x Standard Short Hook 0.025 Thick
- 9 x Tension Wrenches
- 1 x Sherman Case
- The "Best-Buster" is an altered profile similar to the traditional "snake rake". This rake is effective on many lock types, but is specifically designed for shallow, sweeping key bitings like those found in Best, Arrow, and Falcon locks.
- The "Twin-Peak" is most effective on the withdrawal stroke of the makeing it one of the most effective rakes available. It differs from a traditional rake in the way it functions by using a "ramping" effect similar to bumping.
- The "Worm-Rake" is Designed to emulate as many key bitings as possible when used. This size worm rake is designed for attacking Master, Abus and Schlage Locks.
- The "Small half Diamond" acts like a wedge while manipulating pins in keyways that are arranged in a manner that disallows a hook-type pick. The half diamond wedges itself under, and sometimes past the pins that are set too low to get a traditional hook under.
- The "High reach" is designed to access and set very high (or Short) cut pins, that lie directly behind a very "low"(or long) cut pin. The dimple cut at the tip adds extra pin control, especially helpful when attacking the pin from the side.
- The "Standard short hook" or lifter is the first "go-to" pick in the arsenal. This Pick is more versatile and is used more often than any other pick. It is designed to let the picker feel of the intricacies of the lock and manipulate pins individually. When the pick is used in a raking type technique it is also possible to work several pins at the same time. This pick is good for a wide range of keyway types, and pinning arrangements.
- The "Shallow Euro" hook is intended for small and restrictive keyways often found in European, and "high security" locks such as Yale and Chubb. The slack curvature and slender profile allows the pick to slide past set pins and through highly restrictive keyways where a standard short hook is too large to do the job.
All lock picks are manufactured by Sparrows out of American Made 301 Cold Max steel with average tension strength of 280,000 PSI
NOTE! May only be used on private property.