If you are interested in learning how to pick locks then this nine piece set is for you. With these four professional grade picks and some instruction you will be able to start opening pad locks and door locks with only a few hours of practice. The snake, hook and half diamond are the back bone of any professional set. The narrow profile from the handle to the tip of the picks makes them perfect for North American, European and Asian Locks. This set also includes six tension wrenches of various sizes. One of the most important skills you will learn is proper tension, it is the key to successful lock picking.
Included in this set
- 1 x Small Half Diamond
- 1 x Standard Short hook
- 1 x Best Buster (Snake Rake)
- 1 x Twin Peak
- 1 x Case
- 6 x Tension Wrenches
- The "Small half Diamond" acts like a wedge while manipulating pins in keyways that are arranged in a manner that disallows a hook-type pick. The half diamond wedges itself under, and sometimes past the pins that are set too low to get a traditional hook under.
- The "Standard short hook" or lifter is the first "go-to" pick in the arsenal. This Pick is more versatile and is used more often than any other pick. It is designed to let the picker feel of the intricacies of the lock and manipulate pins individually. When the pick is used in a raking type technique it is also possible to work several pins at the same time. This pick is good for a wide range of keyway types, and pinning arrangements.
- The "Best-Buster" is an altered profile similar to the traditional "snake rake". This rake is effective on many lock types, but is specifically designed for shallow, sweeping key bitings like those found in Best, Arrow, and Falcon locks.
- The "Twin-Peak" is most effective on the withdrawal stroke of the makeing it one of the most effective rakes available. It differs from a traditional rake in the way it functions by using a "ramping" effect similar to bumping.
All lock picks are manufactured by Sparrows out of American Made 301 Cold Max steel with average tension strength of 280,000 PSI.
NOTE! May only be used on private property.